Help

Wed Jan 10 19:57:02 2001

Good day,

I am sending this message as my last hope and hoping that somebody can give me some relief.

Let me start by giving you my surgical history:

April 7 1999: Laproscopy to remove a ovary cyste. April 11 1999: Laprotomy by bowl obstruction. May 12 1999: Laprotomy by bowl obstruction. July 3 2000: Laprotomy to remove adhesions. August 12 2000: Laprotomy by bowl obstruction.

After every surgery I had every possible complication you can think of, with the result that I had to stay in the hospital very long. And now I am only talking about the hospital stays for the surgeries, I also had to go to the hospital several times for observation and conservative treatment by bowl obstruction. It took me over 3 months to recover from the first set of surgeries in 1999, but I continued to have severe abdominal pain. Which led to the first surgery in July 2000. Since that surgery everything went wrong and only got worse. I stayed in the hospital for 3 months including the 2nd surgery in August 2000. Since then I am living continues with very severe pain, a belly as if I am 6 months pregnant, a lot of vomiting and I keep losing weight because I am afraid to eat. Every doctor I see keeps telling me that they can not help no more, they will only perform a next surgery in case the situation gets life threatening.

In December 2000 I went in the hospital for a week for pain treatment, epidural pomp for 7 days. As long as that pomp was inside me it had effect, but the minute they took out the pomp the pain came back one time. I am eating proper, I exercise and do everything the doctors told me to do.I even went to see a psychologist. But nothing is changing !

I haven't been working since July 2000, my marriage is suffering, they told me I would not be able to conceive anymore and I am ONLY 27 years old. Do I need to say more ????

I am very desperate and sometimes I wonder what's the point of staying alive for me?

Current medication: Prozac Xanax Ketalar Durogesic Plasters Neurontin

I really do hope that somebody has a suggestion to, at least ease the pain a little bit.

Thank you so much.

Best regards, Pascale Vlaun St Maarten Netherlands Antilles

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: