Bakers Tube

Mon Jan 15 05:21:39 2001

Hello everyone! I just got on for a quick moment this am. I am so very glad that I did. I don't want to sound like I am telling anyone what to do or trying to be very negative. I so feel very strongely about this BAKER tube buisiness though! I have been there, done that as the saying goes and honestly, I NEVER EVER want to go through that again! If this is the same tube you are talking about it went from the nasogastric track down though the stomach all the way to the rectum like 27 feet. They left in me at least seven days along with a nasogric tube in the other nostril and I had to have a central IV line to have TPN(my feeding through an IV line) for nine days. I would strongely suggest you ask your doctor many, many more questions about the surgery he is proposing. Yes, you can get through it if you really have NO other choices but I would exhaust my choices first. I will pray for you and that you will find another choice with less recovery. I hope you don't mind the opinion of someone who has been there and doesn't want to go back. I would also like to suggest that if the Bakers tube is your only choice to make sure that your surgeon is a Gasto surgeon! Take care of yourself and remember we are all here to help each other.

--
In Loving Friendship, Pam Markford  PJtweetyRN@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: