Intestines

Mon Jan 15 07:41:37 2001

I just wanted to say that I had tests done that showed my intestines weren't working. I was to have a tube inserted through my nose & have barruim put into my intestines & have xrays taken during the procedure. Prep included drinking the magnesume stuff (which didnt work) It was a horrible test. After gagging the whole time, they finally go the tube in. During the first set of xrays, while I was still gagging, they accidentally pulled the tube out too far. I put an end to the test. Finally there was another solution to the gagging problem. I ended up drinking the barrium solution. They even gave me a shot to make my intestines work, which didn't work. After several long walks, & another shot to make the intestines work, they finally worked. My instestine just wasn't working the way they were supposed to. Well, the Dr couldn't help me at all. His thoughts were it was all my medications. At the hotel, I slept from 4 in the afternoon until 8 the next morning. The test & the shots they gave me wiped me out. After I returned home, I talked to my PC & she put me on a medication called Metoclopramide. It started working on the next day. The only thing is, taken as directed 4 times a day 30 mins before meals & at bed time, made me so sleepy, I couldnt function during the day. But it did work. I had been taking prescription meds & OTC meds for constipation, that didn't work. Before I had any procedure done for intestines not working, I would try medication. Ask your dr if there is some med that will help you. Maybe this information will help you. Good luck Robin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: