Does anyone else have this type of pain?

Fri Jan 19 09:13:05 2001

I have had chronic back/pelvic pain for 10 years only at night when i am trying to sleep. It can be so bad i cannot sleep and have to sit up in a chair. The pain is relieved by getting up, which means i never sleep through the night. I had a laparoscopy in June 2000 and was found to have many gynecological problems and adhesions even though i have never had previous surgery. The doctor repaired what he could and cut the adhesions.. I had total pain relief for 4 weeks but then it returned. I then had a total hysterectomy in Nov. and was told the adhesions had returned and again had total pain relief for 6 weeks. 3 months later now the pain is the same as it always was. My doctor thinks the pain probably is not caused by the adhesions because it is only at night in a lying down position. He thinks the temporary relief was effects from the anesthesia. I have been through MRI's, x rays, a rheumatologist.. and numerous doctors. They cannot find any joint/bone problems. Most of the pain i read about here is all the time, not just at night. Does anyone else have this problem? I am desperate and in a lot of pain! Does anyone have ideas why the adhesions were there in the first place without any surgery? (Have had 2 natural childbirths 17 and 14 years ago) Hope this wasn't too long and i will appreciate any feedback!! Thanks

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: