I am new to this message board

Sun Jan 21 13:21:01 2001

Hello! I don't even know where to begin. I have been reading alot of the postings and I can't believe you all know how I feel! I don't feel so alone. which is they way I have been feeling! I have been ready to just give up. I am a 33yr.old female that just can't take the pain and frustration anymore this has been going on for about 6 yrs now.I had a tubaligation after my second child was born and that is when it all started. The Dr. really screwed me up. They said it would only take 30 min. and I would come out with 2 little bandade incisions. After two and half hours and a cesarean cut and a 2 in. incision from my bellybutton which later got infected the Dr. told my husband my tubes where tide. I later found out that he was just out of Med. school, I think I might have been his first tubal, lucky me! Anyway, 8 months after that another Dr. in the same office, did surgery and found out I had scar tissue wrapped around my bowels,ovaries, and tubes. This Dr. told me he thought the other Dr. didn't put the laprascope far enough down and put the gas in and distorted his own view, he just kept cutting. 3 months later I had a total hysterectomy.I have had alot of problems after that to. August of "99" I started having bad pain in my lower right abs. They took out my appendex but I came out with terrible pain on my left side they said I was covered in adhesions, and that my sigmoid colon was on the wrong side so they flipped it to my left side.When I asked the surgeon about the pain he said there was nothing he could do. That is when I started having problems eating. I have probably lost 70 pounds since then. The drs. told me to up my fiber. That is all I have been eating. I can't seem to digest any protein, dairy, or raw vegs. The pain in my lower abs. is so terrible at times. 6 months ago I was doubled over and I went to the hospital they said I was really constipated to go home and drink Lax. When I went to my Dr. he said it was ibs and it was just stress.Whatever. Well last monday I was hurting really bad and had no energy so I went to a GI Dr. He said that the tests I had 6 months ago were all normal, that it is not humanly possible to have the pain I am having. He said that surgeons don't like to operate on people with adhesions because of law suits, he said thats just the way american medicine is. My husband and I left there in tears. He was so upset cause he pleaded with me for days to go! Thursday the pain was unbarable so he took me to the hospital,I was totally constipated again DR. told me to drink Lax. I have had nothing but juice, and popsicles since then. they said to cut out the fiber,I am totally scared to eat I am afraid it will just sit there. I feel like I am ripping inside when my bowels are moving. I just don't know what to do. well I don't know if anyone will read this but I feel so much better just getting this out of my heart. My poor husband has really been the wind beneth my wings, but it is really taking it's toll on us!! Hey if you did read this thanks for listening!

--
brokenwing

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: