Re: Frozen Bowel?

Fri Jan 26 08:06:36 2001

At Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Suzy wrote: >
>I was wondering if anyone has heard of frozen bowel?
>I have had trouble of the last 7 years after my gall bladder was removed
>ane the common bile duct cut.
>Adhesions are now so bad that my surgeon said its such a mess now that
>the bowel has frozen as it cant roll like it should because of the
>adhesions..
>I have all the same problems as i read here, cant eat, the pain
>unbearable most days and heavy pain killers, etc etc
>I would also be really interested to talk to anyone from Australia and
>New Zealand with these problems.
>my doctor told me yesterday I have to live on a nearly liquid diet and
>heavy pain killers for the rest of my life!
>not a nice outlook

My drs have not used that frozen bowel exactly, but he told me this monday that I definitely have a chemically dependant bowel, due to the heavy use of senekot. The bowels have not moved without a laxative for about 2 and half years. I am very depressed about the fact that I have to take laxatives the rst of my life basically. I have heard that the use of laxatives can damage the nerve ending s in the bowels, and I do not know what that means.

I am tired of telling people I cannot go nowhere til my laxative works, and the cramping from taking so many really does hurt to go!

I have made up my mind now, though, that I cannot go through anymore surgery, at least for now, unless it is an emergency. I know if they could say there is a guarentee, I MAY consider it, but even the pain clinic I see, sadi it is in my best interest to stay away from surgery, for now!

Good luck, and I am thinking of all of you!

Toni

I have another worry, my sister has crhns disease, and a permanent colostomy, and the drs are operating on her next wednesday! There will be our gyn and 2 general surgeons, there is aalways something to keep us worried. I also have found out my 24 yera old son, has been working for a company, and the boss has been taking 100.oo out of his check every month, and I went to fill his RX 2 weeks ago, normally it is covered, and the ins co has told me that the coverage had lapsed in sept 2000, he has crohns also, and I am worried sick. He cannot lose his job, so we are trying to be careful. I cannot believe a co would do this to their employees, but it takes all kinds.

Toni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: