Re: Can you help?

Sat Jan 27 13:11:27 2001

Dear Teresa, Reports in the literature vary, but generally suggest that 1/3 of all patients will have near total relief, 1/3 will have better than 50% relief, and 1/3 will have little or no relief. We are fortunate to have very good success, probably because we are very selective, and try to identify patients who will be in the 2/3 that have significant improvement. Patients who we feel will likely benefit from adhesion surgery, after we have reviewed their history, generally will find significant relief. Everyone is different, however, and it requires one of us looking at your history. You can get more information by looking at the website at http://www.generalsurgeryinfo.com and looking under the heading Adhesion Related Disorder. If you have not spoken to one of our surgeons yet, you can email me directly through that site and I will send you a history form to fill out and fax back. Then we can give you a better idea if it is worth pursuing fully. Best wishes, Dr. Gerhart

At Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Teresa Waldrop wrote: >
>Dear Drs. R & R and/or Gerhart,
> My story is on the quilt and I am thinking of seeing your group. I was wanting to know if you have any research on the effects of surgery on your patients. How many have benefited and what percentage has good long term effects? The doctor I have now is having to do surgery on me every 4 - 6 months due to pain and other complications caused by adhesions. I would love to know if you think you may be able to help me. I am going back to see Dr. Martin, my doctor, next month to talk to him about all that I have found out in finding this group. I really trust his opinion and know that he will encourage me to see your group if he thinks I would benefit from it. Dr. Martin is a loving and caring doctor who specializes in endometriosis and infertility, not in adhesions. Since my case I know that he had been doing a lot of studying trying to find things that may help me. If you know of anything that I need to tell him about your group, please let me know. Thank you for your attention in thi
>s matter.
>
> Sincerely,
> Teresa Waldrop

--
Dr. Gerhart

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: