Hello everyone..and a special hello to new comers!

Sun Jan 28 09:51:10 2001

HI ya all

I hope everyone is doing ok, I'm sorry I've been out of contact lately...I've been fighting a bad depression.

WE are snowed in today...here in Colo. Springs, Co...about a foot on the ground, not much moving out side...and it may not be totally over. It's pretty, but not something to go out in...streets are bad! I would assume you all heard about our excitement here with the Texas 7 and their capture? Was a bit tense for awhile.

I'm beginning to get my medical records. I got a large envelope yesterday from my gastro doctor....and the others are coming. That seems to be a good first step. They were even nice enough to send several copies of test results! I have an appointment on the 5th of Feb to get set up with an internist here, and then go from there...talk to him about who he might know. I've also asked my surgeon in Tulsa to refer me to anyone she might know out here. I'm still eating very semi solid foods...too much more solid than soup and I'm in pain for hours. I've kind of fallen into a routine with it, and it's not as hard as it was at first. There's some advantages...the weight loss is a good one...lol. I actually put on shoes I'd bought myself before Christmas, that were not fitting, too narrow..yesterday, and they fit, I wore them to the grocery store! :-) Also since on this limited diet, I've noticed I don't swell in the legs and feet so much.

BUT the DEPRESSION is bad, I have contacted a therapist here who deals in chronic pain and illnesses, and hope to hear back from her with an appointment this week. ALL the reasons I moved out here this Summer have kind of faded into the back ground. I'm having to depend on my X husband, my son and daughter for financial aide HATE that! My husband and I are separated not divorced, because he was kind of enough to know I needed health insurance, so that's a bonus! And I do appreciate his help, it's just hard on my pride. But I did some math, and it would probably cost us more in the long run if I tried to move back, plus I think it would really mess with my emotions...I'd feel so much like a failure. I'm just going to tighten my belt and hang in here till Spring and see how it goes. And I think once Spring arrives, I can do some things to help the finances, if nothing but work the flea market. :-) 2 days aweek I think I can manage...trying to keep my booth as close to bathrooms as possible. :-/ I'm looking for other ways to work out of the home too. For about 2 years, I worked Ebay on line, and did good...but it began to go sour, as more and more people got into the 'game'...now about the only way to really do good on Ebay is with collectibles. IF anyone knows of any good home based work ideas, let me know. :-)

I think I need to try harder to get out more. Go to Church, find some clubs with my interests, is there an Adhesion Group in Colo Springs, does anyone know? I think I just need to force myself to get out and do some things, even though I don't feel that good.

It is a blessed thing to know you all are here to talk to!! And understand the depression and discouragement, even hopelessness that comes with this disease! I am definitely going to ask the internist about anti depressants!!! And get with this therapist!

You all take care...and hang in there...we can imagine a large circle and everyone holding hands in a prayer for this disease to become more into the awareness of more doctors!! And for less pain and suffering!

LOVE to you all Linda Beebe

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: