men

Sun Jan 28 11:28:41 2001

Men like "Sweet Richard" that write remind us how lucky we are to have support. My husband and I have only been married nine years and our kids our grown and I thought we would have plenty of time for ourselves but this disease has taken this away for now and it makes me so angry. Then I look at my husband that has never wavered, stood by me through my moods, illnesses, doctor's appointments, hospitalizations, surgery, etc. etc. and I have to be thankful and do everything I can to find someone to help me get "well" so we can have that quality of life I so want. My husband is truly the first man I ever met that I can honestly say I want to grow old with (and this is not my first marriage, I am not a kid) so I hope and pray that we get the chance.

For the men that are acting like spoiled jerks they need to take a long look in the mirror and be "men", nothing in life is a given and life and marriage take work, hard work at times. If some of these men are so selfish they need to remember that the one they are doing "wrong" may be their care taker at some time - what happen to the golden rule?!

My minister once said "marriage is a 50/50 proposition BUT one day I may give 75% and my wife 25% and the next I may give 10% and my wife 90%". I always remember that so when I have good days I can try to give extra for all my bad days when my husband has taken care of me.

in friendship and admiration for the "good men" out there, ann-georgia

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: