Re: GASTROPARESIS......re-typed for Carole

Mon Jan 29 09:10:19 2001

Dear Carole,

What kind of medications are you taking? Certain medications can cause symptoms like gastroparesis.

There is ONLY ONE test that will diagnose adhesions...a diagnostic laparoscopy!! A Cat Scan, an upper GI study, a MRI, an Ultrasound, and so forth WILL NOT diagnose adhesions!!

Surgery itself causes adhesions to form!! Our body heals itself by forming adhesions. This is a completely natural process!!

Both a hysterectomy and removal of your gallbladder will cause adhesions to form...immediately after these surgical procedures have been concluded; because adhesions are the way our body tries to heal itself.

The symptoms you are having are typical of adhesions.

A second opinion is a good idea; but, unless you have a good understanding about adhesions, how will you know if the second Dr. is knowledgeable about adhesions?? There are far too many Drs. out there, who aren't knowledgeable about adhesions...and DO NOT believe that adhesions cause pain!!

Knowledge is power!! Start learning as much as you can about adhesions!!

~ ~ ~ ~

At Sun, 28 Jan 2001, CAROLE wrote:

I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis this month by a gastric emptying study. My Dr. has prescribed Reglan 30 to 60mg. daily, which I have not started as yet. I have had a Cat Scan done, normal findings except for "fatty liver"...upper GI study with normal findings.

This pain started in 1992 in my right side just under the rib cage, and now has progressed to bloating, nausea, and increased pain radiating to my back. My gallbladder was removed in 1993 in hopes of alleviating the problem, but did not.

I feel that I have adhesions which are causing a partial obstruction of the small bowel from a hysterectomy I had in 1990. Does anyone else know if this is possible? I was told that the Cat Scan or upper GI series might not show the adhesions unless they are very severe.

I am desperate thinking this is a chronic condition and would like to rule out any underlying cause for the Gastroparesis.

At this point I will be seeking a second opinion as my Dr. did not want to see me back for a month. I was told of my test results and the medication to take by his nurse via telephone.

Any information will be greatly appreciated...

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: