surgery next week

Mon Jan 29 19:24:06 2001

Hi, everyone. I hope you are are having a pain free moment.I hope someone can help me with this. I am scheduled to have surgery next week and a I scared to death. I have had 10 abdominal surgeries and I know I should not be scared but, I am have a laproscopy done. The reason I am so scared of this surgery is because I had a laproscopic gallbladder removal in 1996, and was left with a severed artery. I was sent home with the artery still bleeding and had to have a laparotomy that night to sew the artery back together. I wound up have 6 units of blood, platlets and plasma. I also had another laproscopy last year and the pain was worse than any laprartomy I have ever had( I had a blood clot with that one , I am not sure if that was the cause of the pain though). Can anyone tell me what to expect after this surgery? I am have adhesion removal surgery and the doc will be putting adhesion barriers in place. What will be normal or signs of a complication? Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Joy

--
Joy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: