Re: Giving Up!!

Thu Feb 1 14:16:13 2001

Dear Jenny, You said: "I am having surgery Feb. 16 with my gyn and a general surgeon. They are going to use a special tool that is supposed to remove the adhesions. There is a 50/50 chance of them coming back."

Jenny, I would be interested to know the name of the "special tool" your surgeons plan to use for your adhesions. Were you told the name of it? If not, would you be willing to ask your surgeons about it?

In Friendship, Helen

~ ~ ~ ~

At Thu, 1 Feb 2001, jenny low wrote:

Don't give up! Keep pressing in! Get your phone book out and start calling those doctors. I would call until I found one who satisfied you. I think sometimes these doctors forget who pays them. We are paying for their services. Surely there is at least one doctor in your area who will do the surgery that you want. I know it is easy to get discouraged. I was that way yesterday just trying to get in to see my own doctor. I cried for 2 days. Luckily, they decided to schedule my surgery without me even seeing him. I am having surgery Feb. 16 with my gyn and a general surgeon. They are going to use a special tool that is supposed to remove the adhesions. There is a 50/50 chance of them coming back. At this point I am ready to take that chance. Anything is better than the pain I am in now. I go for my pre-op visit Feb 14. Other than that, I haven't seen my doctor since November. I guess if you don't find a doctor there, you can come stay at my house and I will take you to my doctor! He has been wonderful and never has he ever doubted me when I have said I was in pain in te 10 1/2 years I have gone to him. If you need to talk, feel free to email me. It's okay to have your cry and be frustrated. Then get back on that phone. There's got to be a doctor out there for you somewhere.

Big, big hugs to you, Jenny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: