Knowledge Is Power In A Doctor/Patient Relationship!!

Fri Feb 2 01:07:24 2001

[]] What You Don't Know Can Hurt You: Knowledge Is Power In A Doctor/Patient Relationship!!

http://www.obgyn.net/women/articles/comfort/comfort006.htm

I would like to quote from a letter I received in June 1999 from a gentleman: "I am amazed at the amount of information you have sent me. Only a few days ago I felt that my future and any hope of even having a future was desperately bleak. Two dramatic changes have now happened, one being hope and the other knowledge. With the information that you have sent, I now have both. When your every wakening minute is in pain and controls all that you do and all that you are, and you don't know or understand why, then how is that being alive? I am now feeling alive. I will devour all the supporting information over the following days or weeks. I know that I won't find a physical cure possible yet, but you have helped me find a mental cure and that's the powerful healer. My deepest thanks for your care and consideration. Your help has put the lights on, in a very dark tunnel." This person now at least has HOPE and he knows that he is not the only person suffering from chronic pain!!

As the result of our computer contact with the Internet, each one of us has a medical library right in our own homes!! To find information ... all we need to do is decide on a search word, type in the word, and let the Internet magically find the information we are looking for. Medical information, that is easy to read -- and easy to understand -- can easily be found for a wide variety of health concerns.

The International Adhesions Society ARCHIVE is teeming with helpful information! If we are going to maintain our saniety while living with daily chronic pain, it is time for each one of us to start learning as much as we can about adhesion-related disorder ( ARD ); and start reaching out to others. We need to become an active partner -- rather than a passive partner -- with our doctor/doctors concerning our health care! "Knowledge is power in a doctor/patient relationship!"

Those of you who are participating on the Message Board are already taking charge. Your care and concern for someone else, who is struggling with constant pain, is the beautiful part of the International Adhesions Society Message Board!.

Thank you, Thank you, Dr. Wiseman, for having the wisdom and foresight to make this adhesions forum possible not only for us but also for the many people around the world, who also suffer from adhesions. As members of the International Adhesions Society, we too have HOPE!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: