Teresa...Re: Please pray

Fri Feb 2 22:53:13 2001

Teresa,

Thanks so much for your prayers. I have been depressed today thinking about the pain my puppy was in. I know it wasn't my fault he died. I just wish I had known the signs to take him to the vet. Of course there is no guarantee that we would of made it in time. I think his mommy knew something was wrong with him. She really wasn't wanting to nurse him very much lately. She hasn't even been looking for him. It's as if she never had a puppy. I don't know if this is normal or not. When our cat had kittens and we gave them away, she went around the house crying for 2-3 days looking for them. Do dogs normally do that too? I have never had a dog that had puppies before so I don't know. I just thought that maybe she would be looking for him. She did when she was alive whenever one of us was holding the puppy. She would come looking for him to see if he was okay. But today, nothing. We did hold him down last night and let her see him. She licked his little face and then went on and that was it. But like I said today it is as if she never had him. I appreciate your words of comfort. I know we will get through this. I just hate knowing that he was in pain.

Lots of love, Jenny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: