Re: cat scan also distention of the stomach and obstructions

Sat Feb 3 21:12:31 2001

Dear Karen,

Dr. Redan cannot prescribe out of state. I am on the duragesic patch as we speak thanks to Dr. Redan being so helpful to call my doctor who was beforehand only willing to prescribe 1 percocet daily!

Do you have an Obgyn that he might be able to contact to help you with your prescriptions?...in my case my doc hadn't ditched me yet, so I know this makes your situation harder.

Love,

Janet

> ----- Original Message -----
From: KCarter706@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2001 7:08 PM Subject: Re: cat scan also distention of the stomach and obstructions

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of a Gastric Outlet Obstruction or that on x-rays and ct- scans your stomach shows a distention each time? My stomach is always full and almost protrudes under my my breasts sometimes. I always feel bloated and nauseated. They keep telling me I need to an EGD done, an this be from adhesions blocking my stomach maybe? I am so confused, then on top of that at the ER today they called my PCP and they told him NOT to give me anymore pain meds unless I had a doctor's note stating I was in Chronic Pain and needed narcotics. On top of that he told the nurse that he was sending me a letter , get this all...............DROPPING ME AS A PATIENT !!!!!!!!!!! Talk about someone being pissed as hell. This nurse said maybe if SHE were the doctor she could have prescribe this duragesic patch that you all recommend, but she's only the nurse practioner, and she need perfectly well how I felt. Where no one else understands. I am once more frustrated by this system. So here I am will 12 Demerol 50 mg tabs, to last me 6 weeks until Dr. Redan's surgery in PA. Any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated, I am at a loss for words. And oh so MAD !!

That's enough to make me want to end my life !! You all see how frustrating this is? I can't hardly stand myself right now. I went in doubled over in pain, the gave me one shot of demerol and did the usual stomach xray looking for that all famous obstruction. But, I have a partial obstruction, does that NOT mean a thing!! I don't get their way of thinking.

Oh well here I go blabbling on and on again. Sorry. Hope each and everyone of is doing great. I pray for all of us.

Love,

Karen Carter

Karen Carter

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of a Gastric Outlet Obstruction or that on x-rays and ct- scans your stomach shows a distention each time? My stomach is always full and almost protrudes under my my breasts sometimes. I always feel bloated and nauseated. They keep telling me I need to an EGD done, an this be from adhesions blocking my stomach maybe? I am so confused, then on top of that at the ER today they called my PCP and they told him NOT to give me anymore pain meds unless I had a doctor's note stating I was in Chronic Pain and needed narcotics. On top of that he told the nurse that he was sending me a letter , get this all...............DROPPING ME AS A PATIENT !!!!!!!!!!! Talk about someone being pissed as hell. This nurse said maybe if SHE were the doctor she could have prescribe this duragesic patch that you all recommend, but she's only the nurse practioner, and she need perfectly well how I felt. Where no one else understands. I am once more frustrated by this system. So here I am will 12 Demerol 50 mg tabs, to last me 6 weeks until Dr. Redan's surgery in PA. Any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated, I am at a loss for words. And oh so MAD !!

That's enough to make me want to end my life !! You all see how frustrating this is? I can't hardly stand myself right now. I went in doubled over in pain, the gave me one shot of demerol and did the usual stomach xray looking for that all famous obstruction. But, I have a partial obstruction, does that NOT mean a thing!! I don't get their way of thinking.

Oh well here I go blabbling on and on again. Sorry. Hope each and everyone of is doing great. I pray for all of us.

Love,

Karen Carter

Karen Carter

Karen Carter

Karen Carter

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: