Re: ARD sufferers and their treatment

Mon Feb 5 13:08:01 2001

Dear fellow ARD sufferers:

I find the treatment of Karen Carter in the ER abhorrable, but not surprising. I will continue to come to this site until I can find someway to help other ARD sufferers find adequate pain medication, doctors to treat them in a respectful manner, and be understood that adhesions to cause terrible intractable pain. This is a battle I alone cannot fight, we must all fight together in this battle against the doctors, and pain clinics that tell us we will just be fine, are ignorant, rude, refuse us medication, tell us adhesions don't cause pain, etc. We've all experienced it, but we must not give in, and keep fighting.

I did get the opportunity to meet Karen at my home and it was wonderful to meet another ARD sufferer, exchange medicals, tell stories about our treatment by our doctors, etc. I have already had an adhesiolysis with R&R in June, so was able to share my experience with her, which I will only relay as a good experience, as all of us heal differtly, have had only one or numerous operations, and I therefore, only wish all you that are scheduled for surgery much success and freedom from pain.

In Friendship,

--
Helen Chalmers

--
Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: