Re: To soon for Adhesions???

Sun Feb 18 17:42:16 2001

Adhesions form within the first couple of days after surgery. That is why Dr. Korell in Germany is doing the second-look procedures. As was posted earlier, when he did the second-look on Mary Pomroy a week following the surgery he was able to see new adhesions that had reformed. It sounds like it is time to educate your doctors with the facts about adhesions. You also have the right to demand appropriate pain medications.....you are right...you shouldn't have to live like this.

My advise is to arm yourself with all the information you can gather from this site regarding adhesions. At the same time copy the patient's rights information and take it with you. Tell them that you have the right to receive the proper treatment and that it is illegal for them to withhold it from you. Go to widomaker.com and you will find all the info you need.

You sound so much like me....you just need to stand tall in the saddle and not let them intimidate you.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Colette " <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 9:36 AM Subject: To soon for Adhesions???

> Well yesterday i was in so much pain i ended up in the ER. Which they > did nothing for me. I asked the dr if it was possible that i might have > ahesions and he said it was to soon! Lets see oct.13 i had a > laperascopy, and hysterectomy on dec1,2000. is it possible its too > soon? My pain is on my left side and it travels to my lower left area in > the pelvic area and its very sharp and intense, i feel like i have to > have a BM but can't the pain is so intense. No matter what i take its > not doing a thing. They wanted to call my Gyn and have him order a > barium X-ray thing but i heard those were god awfull and to tell you the > truth the pain that i'm in there is no way. They gave me nothing i was > there for 6 hrs. I have a GI apptment on march 6 i truely don't know if > i can make it that long but these ER rooms are retarded. Right now i'm > hurting my husband yells at me because i tell him i should of OD the > first time. I'm so depressed and tired of living in pain. And no one > will do a thing i should'nt have to live like this! >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: