adhesions combined with endometriosis?

Mon Feb 19 07:20:47 2001

To all women who report on adhesions,

Do you have endometriosis as well?

I was told at my hysterectomy that all my adhesions were caused by endometriosis that came back after my myectomy two years prior to the hysterectomy. All my adhesions are caused by endometriosis in the first place.

I am confused that hardly anyone of you mention endometriosis when you comment on your adhesion-problems. My endometriosis has come back after the surgeon told me he had removed all of it at my hysterectomy. One ovary was left in. I now keep the endometriosis down with GnRH-analogues. My main concern is to get rid of the endometriosis for good, or in other words: I want to get rid of the flow of estrogene in my body - meaning remove my last ovary. After the ovarianectomy, I want to try the tibolone-substitution pills that stimulate all estrogen cell receptors, but those of the endometrium. I am about to decide to take the chance with Dr. Korell in Duisburg, Germany.

I don't really understand how surgeons can let endometriosis-sufferers keep their ovaries in after major surgery. I think that in the future they will remove the ovaries as soon as the woman is through wanting to try to get pregnant. Women will refuse to suffer unnecessarily. No adhesiolysis in the world will help as long as there is still endometriosis in the abdominal cavity.

My lighter adhesions have previously been lysed by just taking GnRH-analogues. This has been verified through laparascopy.

My question is: IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS ANY EXPERIENCE SIMILAR TO MINE? AND IF SO, DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH SURGERY WITH DR. KORELL? AND IF YOUR OVARIES WERE REMOVED, DID YOU HAVE THE SAME TROUBLE WITH ADHESIONS REFORMING POST-SURGERY?

It would be very nice if you could mail me directly at "iskaug@mobilpost.com" Hoping to get a reply from some of you,

--
Ingi Skaug
Oslo, Norway

--
Ingi,Oslo

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: