Re: Endo

Mon Feb 19 17:41:07 2001

Welcome Inge,

I just wanted to respond and let you know that many of us have had hysterectomies....in my case endometriosis was not a part of it. I do know that Dr. Reich in Pennsylvania is extremely talented in dealing with both the endometreosis as well as the adhesions.

My hysterectomy was total to begin with. I am not, nor have I ever been on hormone replacement. I shouldn't say never....the short time I was on I experienced severe migraines so I do not take them. I do not feel that I suffer from not taking them.

You really need to do your research and go from there. There are plenty of doctors willing to do surgery....only a few who really know what they are doing.

--
Karla

> ----- Original Message ----- From: niko To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 3:02 PM Subject: Endo

Hi Inge ;-))

Yes, all my problems resulted from Endo. I have had chronic 4th stage Endo for 10 years, however the Endo finally settled a few years ago, but just reoccured in my recent lapa.

I decided to remove my remaining ovary like yourself to rid myself of the Endo. However, this is not always as easy as it sounds. Once you remove the second ovary you will be on HRT for the rest of your life, and there is NEVER any guarantees that this will stop your Endo. I found the search for HRT very frustrating, as I was allergic to alot of it. And of course you will feel menopausal.

How do I know this, well I had one ovary removed, then a hysterectomy, then the other ovary. All because of Endometriosis.

I know that the decision is a large one, I had finished trying to have a family, my Endometriosis was too chronic that it made me infertile anyway. Nonetheless !!! don't forget that it is totally irreversable, and peoples lives change.

HRT, well there is alot of worries about the long term side effects of it. Please remember that there is products out there called "SERMS"... stands for special oestrogen receptor modulators, taking this kind of HRT, reduces your cancer and other risks.

I am happy to forward any further information you need ;-)) I think you will be surprised at how many adhesion cases result from Endo. It's one of the leading causes.

You will probably have a few consecutive operations to remove any ovary remanant, as this is very common too.

Please take care !!!!! And decide wisely,

Trace xoxoxox

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: