>years ago, a gastric bypass 4 years ago, a hysterectomy 15 years ago. I
>know I have adhesions. When I turn over at night, I feel this one spot
>catch and the pain will wake me up. I had a barium exam last week -
>also missed 3 days of work from the runs. Have an appt on Monday the
>26th with my dr to discuss barium results. I have changed my eating
>habits since being in the hospital. I would really like to avoid
>surgery again. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Besides the
>pain issue, what are the impact of these recoccuring smo's? I have had
>about 15 of them. 4 I would call major, the rest I endure.
>I wish I found this forum last week, maybe someone could of helped with
>the diarrhea last week. I laughed reading about drinking the fleet
>stuff. I thought I was going to puke all over my cube at work.
>Sheila

Sheila,

Hello, nice to meet you. I have no ideas for you, I am lost myself. When you jad the small bowel obstructions, did you have any vomiting? I was told a few of these bad episodes were PROBABLY partial bowel obstructions, and I have no vomiting. I take senekot on a normal basis, I do not go without it, it has been 5 days again, I should have taken it last night, but there was an auction today, and my husband wanted me to go to it, I did get some stuff. But a few times it woke me uo at 3 in the morning, and I had HORRIBLE pain and cramping I HAD to move bowels, like pressure, and I could feel it on the left side, where the descend ing colon is, and it took 2 hours of severe cramping and pushing I could feel lkie a ball there, and i kept telling my husband to take me to ER, but finally I did go, extremely painful, and I could not touch that area all the next day. I have had tese a few times and it scares me alot. But the drs still have no guarentees for me, so I feel it may be a waste to go through surgery again, and get alot worse.

I have benn living on laxatives for years now and am only 46, my grandmother lived on them, but she was in her eighties. My gyn told me awhile ago to see a general surgeon, and he talked to almost a dozen, and they all said they would not touch me except two of them, and said that I had to be ready for commit to surgery, if I decided to see one. I cannot say I am ready to commit to surgery til I talked to him.. But the gyn is willing to go in with im, but when I first asked him about it, he said we would have to see, general surgeons do not like their toes stepped on. Well they better respect the fact that patients want a certain dr in there, I feel like the gyn has been in there, and has an idea what they are in for.

Sheils, I cancelled barium enema twice last year do to the fear of that test, I had one about 15 years ago, and it was terrible experience, please be sure to let us know what the dr says on Monday. Take care of yourself!

TOni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: