Good Morning Pain Family...

Thu Mar 8 00:16:35 2001

This letter is found near the bottom of the following website. I have chosen to include excerpts from it.

http://www.widomaker.com/~skipb/goodDoctors.html

~ ~ ~ ~

* Good Morning Pain Family

When I found this website and I read the part that said: "You must read this whole thing. There will be a test later." I thought...Oh my God. I have to read all of this before I can find out how to do it? I wasn't sure I could.

It was late in the evening when I came across this site. I finally went to bed at 3 AM; and prayed that this was the answer. The next day I headed straight for my PC and started reading more.

Skip is right....You have to know all of the information. Sure, I can tell you what to say to your doctor. We can give you the names of some good doctors. You can print up the information to give to your doctor. BUT...if you do not fight for yourself, then it is all for nothing. The information I got here, I took to my doctor; and when he tried to dismiss me without relief, I stood up for myself.

The point is you never really know what you can get your doctor to do until you try. After I read the information, I was outraged. How dare the doctors treat me this way!! I am a human being and I DEMAND to be treated as such!

Get the KIT papers together and staple them in order. HIGHLIGHT the most important parts. ( Doctors are busy people.) They will most likely take time to read a highlighted sentence vs. alot of pages that don't interest them. Find your state medical statutes. This will take a little effort on your part; but it will help further your cause with the doctor. Sometimes the doctor is not aware of the laws that cover intractable pain. So educate them!

BUT don't blame anyone, if these things fail. I was fortunate enough to get help right away. But then again I was very tenacious and a little pushy. IT WAS MY LIFE. IT WAS MY RESPONSIBILITY. If I hadn't gotten the help right away, I would have just fought harder. I AM worth it. There is no fight more worthy of you than that of the one for your very life.

With Love and Respect,

Marion/Mn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: