Re: Frustrated

Fri Mar 9 15:49:38 2001

IBS is BS for doctors who don't know the real reason.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Jean (from PA) Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 3:57 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Frustrated

I know how you feel talking to the doctors since I am usually intimidated by doctors also and clamp-up. Finally after 17 surgeries I did speak up and it felt good. I told the doctor "don't even tell me adhesions don't hurt cause if they stretch, pull and trap your organs and intestines they definitely do cause pain!" When he said they wouldn't be causing my back and leg pain etc. I also said "don't tell me that, I had them enough times before and had the same symptoms which went away after surgery for "adhesions"!! He did get much nicer and re-phrased things after that. Hopefully I can keep it up. In the past I have had to search by going from doctor to doctor for about 6 months until I found help, but in the end I always did find someone to help me.

There are doctors mentioned on posts throughout this board who may be able to help you, or even if you search farther in your immediate area.

Good luck to you and with getting help, whatever and wherever that may be! JEAN (from PA)

At Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Michael Murray wrote: >

I keep having Drs. >tell me that I have IBS but I KNOW my body and I know that they are
>back.(They cause IBS symptoms because the intestines are hooked onto
>pelvic wall) It is probably a little my fault because when I walk in to
>a Drs. office I get nervous and don't speak my mind. I always rehearse
>everything I am going to say and when the Dr. walks in I get nervous and
>can't tell them how things are.

--
Jean (from PA)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: