Re: Karen Carter

Fri Mar 23 17:40:44 2001

Thanks Millie, I'm usually in the minority with my opinions. It' nice to know I'm not alone :+). It just seems to me that someone needs to be accountable for all of the denials we all face from the medical profession. You know, many doctors believe you don't fix adhesions with more surgery because it becomes a vicious cycle. When your insides are as bad as what Karen's and so many of us are too, what are you suppose to do? That can't be healthy either right? That does not sound like a logical way of thinking. What so many doctors don't understand is that after being in so much pain for so long, for many of us it is worth the risk of them returning or any other complications just to have a few months, weeks, days, or years(if we are lucky) being pain free. Wouldn't it be great if there was some way to hook the doctors up to something that gave them constant, excruciating pain for a year? Just like expectant fathers can wear those empathy vests (not sure the proper name!). I think they would quickly change their minds! Don't get me wrong. I don't wish harm to anyone. They just need to be more understanding. Like with child birth. I've always said one good contraction and our population would die out if they had to go through labor!

By the way, where have you been? I haven't seen you post in a while. Is everything ok? Hugs! Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: