Re: gallstones

Thu Apr 5 00:11:33 2001

Dear Janet and Karen,

Thankyou for the information I am trying to avoid anything that may trigger an attack, but I'm like you Janet, the symptoms don't seem to be going away.

I got in touch with my GP, who has made some phone calls and he has managed to get me in to see my surgeon in a weeks time, alittle better than 6 weeks, amazing what they will do when you Dr calls instead of you calling. My GP thinks that I do need surgery, he said that the stone is quite large, which can be good , as it's hopefully too large to pass into the bile duct. My GP recommended that I should go with the surgeon who has done my past surgeries, as he knows my insides the best, and knows my history with adhesions. Apparently theirs not much else to be done with gallstones that cause pain, so surgery is the only option that I've been given, he did say that you can take some kind of medication to dissolve the stones, but it is very costly and can take up to 18mths is rid your self of them, and then they may return anyway, he seems to think it is a waste of time and money. Thank-you ladies for the advice, hope your taking care of yourselves after your surgery.

Love

Helen G

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: