Re: My Story to Dr. Wiseman and Congress

Fri Apr 6 15:14:34 2001

Karen, I too have had an mightmare story with undiagnosed adhesions. I had Drs. insinuate that maybe I was under too much stress or IBS. I was actually starting to be doubtful that I had something wrong. I actually had a Gasternologist yell at me. One doctor asked me if I was just there so I could get pills. Before my last surgery that was for adhesions, I couldn't even get off of the couch I was misarable and felt helpless. The Dr. didn't ever explain that I could get the adhesions back. In fact, looking at all of my old operative reports, there were adhesions taken out but I was never told. I still have some anger at a couple of Drs. for the way they treated me. I want to write a letter to them after I get my surgery in Pa. in a month.yes!! I think by writing the letters, it will help educate the Drs. on adhesive disease or it might help lessen my anger. You would think that if a person was having all of the symptoms I was having, a bell would ring that it possibly could be adhesions since I had 5 abdominal surgeries. I have actually had adhesive disease for probably 14 years and didn't know it. I wonder how many unfortunate souls are out there today that do not have the knowledge that we on this site have. We not only need to try Oprah, but there are other shows out there that maybe we could contact. Kel ( a little bitter)

>
> Karen Carter

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: