Re: FOR MILLIE

Sat Apr 7 15:58:07 2001

Jackie, I wish they could find a cure for adhesions. Nobody knows what it's like unless they've been through it. One woman who is what I call a 'fair weather friend', made matters worse. I told her that since the TAH I have no interest in sex. It's like my mind & feelings went out the window. Then to have them tell me I'm her 'Colicky Baby.' The nerve!!!!!! I'm back to not sleeping much. Steady pain and pressure & tenderness. If I hear them say Irritable Bowel one more time, I will be even less of a happy camper. There are good Drs. out there, but it's terrible to know there are some who just plain don't know/don't care. Jackie, Feel free to vent to me. I knoe the upset and anger - REAL well. Millie

> ----- Original Message -----
From: jackie burgess To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2001 12:45 PM Subject: Re: FOR MILLIE

Hi Millie thanks for ur kind words I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND HOW U R FEELING i to sometimes wish i handnt made it through the peritionitis. its been a long long battle resulting in 17 ops in 5 yrs, with, what looks like another op pending. i havent been able to eat for about 1 month and keep bringing what little i do eat back up again i have lost 5 kilos(i dont know if thats a lot to lose in 1 month)havent been out of the house except for drs appointments have been in bed 22hr a day for a month, and finding someone willing to operate on me is like looking for a needle in a haystack. my dr thinks i will end up having more surgery, at the moment i'm on lot of morphine, but most nights i end up crying with pain,anger,frustration, guilt desperation, totally useless as a mum. u name it i feel it. what life is it to live like this i said to my wondeful husband the other night in desperation, i'd rather not have a life than live like this, if it wasnt for the children and my hubby i dont think i would be here now. i feel so alone especially when im stuck in bed for all that time, the longest i spent in my bedroom was 1 year ,before the hospital finally agreed to operate on me, by this time i was down to 7 1/2 stone i dont know what that is in kilos .BUT WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE WE R FIGHTING A CONTINIOUS BATTLE with the medical proffession, they know this condition ARD exists, but are reluctant to help. anyway wont depress u anymore just had to vent some feelings, hope u dont mind

regards jackie B england

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: