THANKS CHRISSIE D.!!!!

Sun Apr 8 12:54:15 2001

Thanks Chrissie, I did check a BIT on the forums abt. SSI but I guess I need to dig a bit further. I haven't gone as far as hiring a lawyer yet, was hoping to avoid that mainly because of the cost. My biggest problem is that we are self-employed. Which is just about the only way that we can work at this point. My husband is also in bad shape due to an injury suffered at work and was denied workmen's comp. That one I think (am almost positive) will have to be taken to a lawyer because he has letters from THREE docs stating his injury and the company STILL says he is uninjured and able to return to full time unrestricted work. Man, has it been a rough two years!!!! I almost feel bad 'just having adhesions'. As if 'just having' is a ? cop-out, excuse, I don't know. I just know that I'm about at the end of my rope - and the noose is getting tighter. Know what I mean? I know you all do!!!! Anyway, as I was saying in my last post, we are considered 'gainfully employed'. I wish those that make these decisions could see the bills piling up!!!! All I can say is that deductions for medical on tax returns is a God send at this point. I thank you so very much for responding. Now I have to do some digging and really get to work. I so much wanted to avoid the legal end of all this if I could. We are not the type of people that sue, turn to lawyers, etc., but I guess there is a time and place for everything. We are definately learning as we go here. I have to add here that all my encounters with doctors, hospitals, labs, etc. and been nothing but a wonderful experience. I also need to say that this is AFTER the fact. Once I found docs that were willing to acknowledge that adhesions DO CAUSE PAIN AND SUFFERING. I can't begin to tell you how many I saw before I found one that knew about adhesions told me that it was all in my head that they DO NOT cause pain. I'm positive that we have ALL gone through that. I even had one tell me that he would do the operation but only because he felt as though he was being forced (by me) and that I needn't expect ANY pain meds after the surgery because I didn't need them before and wouldn't need them after. Needless to say, I walked out completely humiliated and embarrased. I wanted to scream and cry but wouldn't give him the satisfaction. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Didn't really mean to, it just happens sometimes. Again thanks for your reply. My thoughts and love to all,

--
Susan Carr

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: