Re: FOR MILLIE (colostomiy)

Tue Apr 10 21:02:43 2001

Thank you so much for sharing so much on the colostomy issues. Jackie is a very special person, I most definitely agree. Everyone on here is special to me. I don't know where I'd be without this site. I have a magazine here(when I can find it) about digestive diseases, and I read the story by Barbara Barrie. She is an amazing woman - also to be greatly admired. That six extra months were very special for your Mom, and all of you. Just to be able to have gotten to a class reunion, which alone, can be once-in-a-lifetime. My Mom died in 1999, and never got to go anywhere or say goodbye. She died of complications of heart triple bypass. If you don't mind me asking - why did your husband have the ostomy? How is he feeling? Last July, my husband had emergency surgery for a strangulated ventral hernia. The surgeon wanted him to lose weight first, but the hernia wouldn't wait. The surgeon removed 4 inches of his small bowel. He's doing o.k. from that, thank God. So many thanks again. Millie

> ----- Original Message -----
From: edward vinson To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 1:22 PM Subject: FOR MILLIE (colostomiy)

I have been reading discussions about colostomies and I agree that Jackie must be a very strong woman and we all have to admire that. What I admire most is her attitude about her colostomy. The actress Barbara Barrie has been living with a colostomy for years. As a lot of people have done, she has trained her bowels so that she only wears a gauze bandage over the stoma, no bag necessary. I will be the first to say I don't think a colostomy would be "ideal" but if it reduces pain or saves a life I feel like we need to "grit our teeth" and move on. A colostomy gave my mother six extra months to live, she was terminal but she had the time to spend with my father and family, see some places she had never seen and even make her class reunion. Because of the colostomy she got to say good bye and that meant a lot to her..

Wishing all good health and pain free days.

Sincerely, Ann Vinson (in Georgia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: