Re: Saw The Jerk Surgeon

Tue Apr 10 21:54:47 2001

Bonnie, I am so sorry about what that surgeon put you through. There was no excuse in the world to cover him on that!!! I know the feeling of nobody believing that you are in pain. My ob/gyn was like that to me, but in a 'nice' way. Shortly after my TAH, I went to her office. I told her I was having more bowel problems than ever, and when I asked her if the adhesions could have came back, she pats me on the back smiles, and says, "Oh, you're just my Colicky Baby." She wouldn't order any tests. Bonnie - when I asked her why she took everything but one ovary, here's thereply I was given... "Because the first time you came in here, you cried with pelvic pain." The pathology report showed nothing bad... only a few tiny fibroids, and she said I had minimal endometriosis. Then a few weeks before surgery the male nurse practitioner asked me... "Well, did you have your uterus yanked yet?" How would he like it if I asked him if he'd like some surgery 'equivalent' to mine? I still get angry, and I still cry- about every day. I should have ran the other way when he asked me that, but I didn't. If I were you, I'd NEVER go back to that surgeon. There has to be someone who is compassionate. It's bad enough you are in pain. You do not have to be subjected to being belittled. No one does. Millie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Bonnie" <destinywants2@yahoo.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 4:54 PM Subject: Saw The Jerk Surgeon

> Oh My Lord....I just went throught the most humiliating experience ever.
> I went to see the surgeon that my PCP referred me to . I went into to
> his office he asked me what surgeries I had had, and then looked at me
> and said " I do not beleive Adhesions cause pain, I believe they cause
> bowel obstructions but not pain" then he walked out. I was left to
> stand in the hallway for 5 minutes until I said ( to no one that was in
> the hallway) "Am I done" noone said anything so I left. I have never
> felt so belittled before in my entire life. How dare he say that to me.
> What am I to do now? I called my PCP and am awaiting his call now, I am
> so embaressed....I spent a whole 5 minutes in this surgeons office for
> him to make me feel like crap. I want to cry.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: