Re: There is NO MESS for me to clean up !!

Wed Apr 11 08:44:20 2001

Hi Karen, I haven't been reading my email for about 2 weeks, wow, I apparently missed some stuff huh? Please know you have my support and friendship always, it wasn't that long ago that I was being crucified for what I said on the board. Hell, I was called at home and threatened. This is why I simply lay back and watch and read silently. I was recently hospitalized for 10 days, went through all of the same tests and was told that my condition was not imminently life threatening and he "the doc" wouldn't treat me until summertime. I personally cannot wait that long. It seems like an eternity, but on the same token, I have suffered for 3 years so what is another 3 months. They have me on the duragesic patch. At first I was soooo sick, it turns out the patch was too strong. Moved to a smaller one, didn't work. So I am on the middle dosing and that seems to help. Anyone else out there have any experience with the patch? It makes me really woozy all day. I have a leave of absence from the hospital since I shouldn't be with my patients since I am on a narcotic 24 hours. Personally, I would rather oral pain meds, I take them in the evening only so I can sleep. I see a new surgeon on May 23. She is great and said she would be happy to treat me. She knows my case, I work with her too at the hospital. I once again have cautious hope. How are you feeling, besides being crucified that is? How is the post-op pain? What do you think? I hope it worked, I still hear they are the best around for the surgery, but after our "incident" I think I am better off avoiding them. I hope they provided you with some much deserved relief. Keep your fingers crossed for me. How is your project coming? I am getting ready to plant my flowers-I can't wait. It is such good therapy for me. But on the patch, I am hoping I can plant my rows straight or I will have a "funky" looking flower garden. Hang in there, lay low like I have done since my crucifixtion, use the board for support and information even if you don't correspond. You find out who your friends really are. Take care, best wishes always. I will talk to you soon. Sincerely, Regina T.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: