Re: FOR MILLIE (colostomiy)

Wed Apr 11 20:16:28 2001

Kel, Yes, it does seem strange when they say ulcerative colitis isn't hereditary, but then 2 brothers get it.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Murray To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 8:53 AM Subject: Re: FOR MILLIE (colostomiy)

--
  Millie,
  My husband had an ostomy due to Ulcerative Colitis.  He suffered with this disease for a few years.  He finally got so bad, they did surgery.  He was in the hospital for a month.  They took his colon out and then reconnected his small intestine on a second surgery so he lost the bag, although now he will have chronic diarrhea for the rest of his life.  His brother also had Ulcerative Colitis.  They say it is not hereditary, but it is funny that brothers have both had it.
  Kel

If you don't mind me asking - why did your husband have the ostomy? How is he feeling? Last July, my husband had emergency surgery for a strangulated ventral hernia. The surgeon wanted him to lose weight first, but the hernia wouldn't wait. The surgeon removed 4 inches of his small bowel. He's doing o.k. from that, thank God.So many thanks again.Millie

> ----- Original Message ----- From: edward vinson To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 1:22 PM Subject: FOR MILLIE (colostomiy)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: