Re: Pain Pills

Thu Apr 12 08:57:36 2001

This has been a real delima for me. I feel it is important for those taking the time released meds to know not to do anything with the meds such as cutting, breaking in half, or trying to disolve or mix in food or juice. On the other hand I am sore afraid that if we warn folks then the addicts who may find the message or even kids messing around will try to get high on the meds.

I came very close to doing the same thing. I was so used to breaking my pills in half and taking only 1/2 at a time (I was afraid I'd get addicted due to my social programming) that one morning just as I was about to do this, a message came through on one of my lists that warned about this. Thank heavens it did!! I would have been in for a real shocker!

On the other hand I was very angry about the National news/television program that told people how to get high on "my" medication. Then my local paper had to pick up on this and they too told everyone in my area how to get high...and how to beat people up to get the meds.

What is irritating is I just came out of the closet, so to speak, and was now unafraid to say, Yes, I have to take pain meds. Now I have to hide that fact and hide my meds. I thought it would be helpful to others in pain to know that it is okay, it is not a sign of weakness, to have to take pain meds. It gives us some of our life back. It's also crucial if you suffer from chronic pain, to get the levels adjusted and take the meds on a schedule. I've proven this with myself. I thought, "oh,I can deal with the pain level where it is at this moment so I won't take my scheduled meds"...Ha HA Ha...that does not work. Whether there is pain or not, I have to take the meds at the same time every day or it gets out of hand. If there is added pain, then I take the breakthrough meds. Dilemas Dilemas This world can sure be a crazy 'ol place at times...but it is a good place and only what we make it.

With the time released morphine it made me very sick to my stomach and gave me headaches. I stuck it out and now I have no icky symptoms. No upset belly, no headaches, no dry mouth, no sleepiness and, it works great. Not perfect but great. I do know some people never get over those symptoms though.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: