Chrissie-pills & nausea

Thu Apr 12 19:56:32 2001

Chrissie, When I had my hip replaced 7 years ago they tried Compazine (for nausea) and I still threw up on whatever the many pain pills were (too many to remember). It definitely was not an experience I want to relive! I couldn't sit or lay anywhere without extreme pain. My husband kept ice on it most of the time. In the morning he would wake up to me crying in pain and have to rub the leg & hip for me before work. He said HE never wants to go through that again (haha).

This past year was also definitely rough though with 2 on same hip that close together! They put me away for that though, so he didn't have to deal with it (teehee). The bummer is I may have gone through it for nothing!!!!....still have the same pains and then some!

In the hospital last year the shots of it worked great though.....just can't go through my digestive system. Last year with the 2 additional revisions of the hip replacement the Oxycontin did work great and stayed down (made bearable). Maybe it was because I was in the hospital & nursing home for 3 months and had plenty of time to get shots of compazine until my body adjusted. I was also confined to bed most of the time. No-one suggested trying the compazine this time but if it keeps up I could ask my MD. Dummy me...I never even thought to ask or try it.

P.S. Sorry....I just realized I put Chrissy instead of Chrissie on the Wanted Poster! Want it re-done? JEAN

"A true friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

>----- Original Message -----
From: Chrissy492@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 8:32 AM Subject: Re: Pain Pills

Hiya Jean, Isn't there something you can take with the pain pills that helps you keep them down? I thought I saw that somewhere on the board a while ago. I guess I should peek at the prior posts and see if I can find that info for you. My goodness, how in the world did you go through a hip replacement without the aid of pain reliefe..........YEWOWZA! I know what kind of pain that is cause my aunt when through it and she was alomost komatose on pain medication and it still hurt after her hip replacement. EKK! Love ya Jean, ~Chrissie xo's

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: