GYN visit

Fri Apr 13 23:48:10 2001

Just thought I would share my experience at the GYN on Wednesday now that I am feeling better today both physically & mentally. It started a bad day as it was because I was in a severe depression due to family problems, my dad having a heart-attack, pain, not walking etc. etc.....everything this past year in particular just really building up!!

I "only" went to the GYN because I had cancelled my yearly 4 times this past year due to all my problems and hip surgeries. He wouldn't refill my Estraderm Patches anymore if I didn't come. I definitely NEED them or I will definitely lose it! I knew it wouldn't go too well with my hip problems and adhesion problems on top of it but went. 6 months after 2 hip replacements and in stirrups! A friend volunteered to take me so my husband wouldn't have to take off "again". I can't walk let alone trust driving!

I don't really like this GYN but my nice GYN retired before my problems started over a year ago. He is the one who said nothing was wrong with me when my last ovary was attached to my vagina by adhesions and I had bad pelvic, back, hip and leg pain in 1989! My nice GYN found it and operated on that one. He was sooo nice I miss him.

Sooo....I went back to this other one like an idiot, figured it's only a check-up & patches anyway. Naturally he wanted to know what happened to me when he saw me hobbling in on a crutch. Through our conversation the adhesions came up and my up-coming surgery. He told me I won't be any better after surgery which only made me feel even much more depressed. He asked why I thought it was adhesions and I need surgery. I told him my problems: Not walking due to L.hip, butt & leg pain. Pain in L.lower back, L.pelvic pain, regurgitation, heartburn, bloating, severe constipation, pain under ribcage and incontinence. He said there is a profile you would fit for adhesions and I don't fit it at all. He said you would just have all over discomfort in your abdomen (dah-did I miss something or did he?)! He said "and your bowels are working fine"!! I said "Yeah, if you call taking 12 Herblax every night to go is working fine I guess they are then"! I told him I have the pelvic pain where he took the other ovary out in 1986 and he said "well, since I took it out we know that can't be hurting"! I told him "well...I know adhesions can re-form at the same areas again"! Well, according to him there is no ovary to reform on. That ovary WAS attached to my bowel and my pelvis and it took him 1 1/2 hours just to free the ovary!! He said "well, your adhesions weren't that bad". I told him he better look at his notes again, which he did. Then he admitted it did take a long time to free the ovary and he also removed part of my omentum due to adhesions, and the omentum was attached to the abdominal wall along my incision. He still insisted my problem isn't adhesions though!!! I said to him "Well in 1989 you didn't think I had a problem either but my new GYN found that ovary attached to my vagina. He also found adhesions on the Gallbladder. He said "well, according to his notes they weren't bad". I said "well, maybe he didn't make notes of everything but he did tell me 'no wonder you were in so much pain' and that he never saw anything like it before, and I did have allot of the same symptoms at that time as now". Can you believe he still said they won't find anything!!! Not even taking in account the additional other 2 surgeries where i also had extensive adhesions all over my abdomen & bowels. He said he wants a copy of the operative report. I really didn't want to talk about it to this jerk in the first place!! He delivers LOTS of babies and I think that's ALL this guy cares about.....thousands of baby pictures all over the office. Problems...forget it! I don't need this guy since I am getting surgery. He also wanted to know who was doing it. I told him "I REFUSE not to walk the rest of my life"!! JEAN (from PA)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: