Re: Scars ;-))

Sun Apr 15 01:27:55 2001

Hi karla I know how u feel about self image, I also had a colostomy as u will see from earlier postings. I too had NO belly button and this upset me more than the colostomy itself, because everytime i went to hospital for whatever reason surgery or emergency stuff, ALL of the nurses would come in and take a look at me AS THOUGH I WAS A FREAK. this was so upsetting, SO! when I had my last op in '98 I asked the surgeon if he could MAKE me a new belly button, (he was abit taken back, but) I told him how important this was for my self image forget the colostomy I new that wasn't staying,but my belly button had gone forever, he was ever so nice about it, AND HEY GUESS WHAT? when I awoke from my op there was my NICE NEW SHINY BELLY BUTTON(sounds like a car doesn't it)I was so proud of my new belly button that when I was in hospital and when I came out I showed it to EVERYBODY, and I mean everybody, I think the only person that didn't see it was my priest ,Ha Ha!! I often say to my hubby fancy a game of noughts and crosses on my belly, my tummy looks like a road map still it points hubby in the right direction (naughty naughty). one of my scars goes from breast bone right down to vaginal opening(sorry to be so basic), but least hubby cant say he took the wrong turning.can he??? HEE HEE hope this helps a little.

regards jackie b england .

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: