Re: Millie ;-)

Fri Apr 20 13:55:26 2001

Hi Millie ;-))

The main concern for me was to get "regular".. I did this with forcing myself to eat breakfast. I have always worked fulltime, and always skipped it.

So, I eat bran in the morning. Not a lot. Just a small bowl of Sultana Bran. I take a deep breath a sit and ponder my concerns with a cuppa. Deep breathing is a wonderful relaxant.

I rarely eat anything prepackaged. I eat fruit instead of junk food. I balance my diet as much as I can. Everything in Moderation the experts say ;-)

Veggies are great for you ;-)) Basically when I was at my worst with pain, I would eat whatever I could tolerate. I always have a good dinner and lunch is usually just a sandwich. I try to eat fish whenever I can, with a nice salad, I like that asian cultures, have a very low rate of cancers compared to Australia, and alot of other womens illnesses. I think we could learn alot from that.

Whenever I had a colonoscopy I felt lousy too. All those tests are tiring, especially when you are in pain. I always completed the tests though, you never know if they could help you. They never did show anything for me, but what if they did? They could target and treat me easier. Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

I don't take any pills now Millie, I am 100% pain free ;-)) Took me until about a month ago. But I have won for now ;-) It may come back, but hey it might not !!

I spoke to Robyne before she went into Intensive Care, and it was devastating. I have met Suze and Robyne and they are beautiful people. I love them both dearly. This disease is very unfair. I told Robyne to fight because of the people that love her, for everyone else fighting, and the doctor is not giving up, so why should she !! But after I finished talking to her I went to pieces. But, all I can do is be here. I never had the extensive problems that Robyne has, and with education Millie, knowledge is power, neither will you ;-)) Dr Redan will see you when your well, so I'm sure he will set you in the right direction. Just hang in there until you get there !!

Until then, I'm always here with a shoulder ;-)

Lotsa Love Trace xo

>----- Original Message -----
From: Millie To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, 21 April 2001 4:12 AM Subject: Re: Millie ;-)

Hi Trace, Thanks for answering. What kinds of fods do you eat? I have been sticking to baked potatoes & butter, and a side dish of veggies. I feel like I can hardly do anything today. I hurt even up into the left flank area. I even get pains that shoot up through the rectum. I guess the gastro who did the colonoscopy got all the way through, but the prep was sort of lousy. It must have hurt me a lot, because instead of 50 mg. of Demerol, and 5 mgs. of Versed, they had to give me 75 mgs. of Demerol, and 10 mgs. of Versed. Maybe she had problems,too. I called to ask her today, but she's not in today.What kind of pills do you take? I am so beyond stressed that it isn't funny. And I feel so bad about Robyne. Millie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: