Re: for Jackie Burgess

Mon Apr 30 20:50:23 2001

Jackie Burgess, The reason I asked is because I have had allot of pain in my butt, groin, hip and leg in addition to my abdominal pains and other abdominal symptoms. I haven't been able to walk for over a year now due to stand, bending, twisting or walking greatly increasing the groin, butt, leg & hip pain to the point of unbearable. The leg will also get very stiff and heavy and then sharp pains will start shooting in the butt, groin & hip. I walk with a crutch but only if absolutely necessary or little things like walking in a Diner because even that starts to rile it up. I basically just sit so I can stay functional enough to do my home-based business. One shopping trip in the past year of 2 hours did me in with bad pain for 2 weeks afterward! I have a hip replacement besides the adhesion problems so it makes it hard to differentiate what is causing what.

I had 2 revision surgeries last year for possible infected hip and went through "H" but it didn't help. I am now having adhesion surgery on Friday and am praying this is the problem but worry it may not be all of it. I don't think I could go through another hip surgery and nursing homes for 3 months and at this point they are wondering if it could still be infected.....the only way to treat this would be with 2 hip surgeries again and another 3 months in hospitals and nursing homes!

I did have pain in my butt, leg & hip in 1989 from the abdominal adhesions but I don't think to this point, although now they would be messing with my already bad leg and it has been a much longer time frame!

Does this sound anything like your pains and problems??? Is any of your pain in your butt, hip, leg & groin?? I am so hoping it is the adhesions and after Friday the pain will get good enough to learn to walk again. Jean . . .

** The greatest Gift of all ......... is the gift of love**

>----- Original Message -----
From: jackie burgess To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 7:51 PM Subject: Re: for Jean Long

Hi Jean, The reason i use my walking stick is that i'm very wobbly at the moment and very unbalanced, plus the pain is so intense at times it helps with my walking, as for the wheelchair, it is virtually impossible for me to walk around the shops, as this excacerbates the pain and my tummy swells up like a over inflated balloon.It also stops the pain coming on as it takes the strain offf my tummy, even driving a car can start the pain off as well, as does house work etc. hope this answers some of your questions

regards

jackie Burgess england

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: