Re: post ercp and cholecystectomy

Tue May 1 00:37:15 2001

Mara,

I have recently joined this forum and can relate to your story and that of Michelle that you replied to. I have also had my gallbladder removed after over a year of severe pain and several tests that all came back with the result that my gallbladder was normal. It was only after I had lost over 40 pounds and looked extremely sick that I was sent to a surgeon that said he did not care what the tests said he knew my gallbladder was bad. He was right , it was like one big hard gallstone. The severe pain went away , but I still have ongoing pain in that area and thru to my back like Michelle said she had. I had been told that I possibly had more stones too, but I am now convinced that my pain is more related to my right kidney than anything. It still relates however to the adhesion issue, because my urologist said that in one of my surgery reports the surgeon stated that she removed massive adhesions in that area and they were strangulating my right ureter. I think they have returned and depending on whether they are pulling on my ureter coming out of my right kidney it is unable to drain properly because of the obstruction of the pathway to my bladder by adhesions. I have now had 5 surgeries in the past 3 years and 3 of them were to specifically remove adhesions. I must say that I have had some relief from each one of them . I still have pain though and suffer from this kidney thing and also partial bowel obstructions that are intermittent. Check into the kidney possibility. The location of your pain is about right where your right kidney is located. Who knows , but good luck and let me know also if you find anything out that would be helpful. God Bless everyone out there who is suffering from this painful and devastating problem.

Lori H.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: