Re: chronic pelvic pain

Wed May 2 06:30:11 2001

I'm just curious...when folks with pain issues, esp chronic pain, are put down or called addicts because they are taking the pain meds, why can't we do something about this? Can't we somehow report this type of thing to someone? Better Business Bureau? Bring some type of charges? Something creative? This isn't right. I honestly feel it is a form of abuse. Basically the abuser knows they can get away with the taunting and then the abused ends up suffering alone...usually alone...which is horrible. They end up feeling so ashamed and guilty when they shouldn't have to. I wish we could figure out a way to make public any medical professional who chooses to be abusive in this manner. I don't know if it would help but even if the person abused could have folks write letters of support and send them off to the medical bureau requesting that they hold accountable and somehow report doctors who do this. 3 strikes and we investigate. Maybe some type of civil charges for abuse. sorry all...i awoke in such excruciating pain at 2a.m. because dufus me forgot to take my before bed pain meds...now it's four and I still cannot get up and hurt so bad (puter is next to bed). I am soaking wet which happens when in pain...my hair is dripping as though I just got out of a shower so I am also freezing. This is ridiculous. Folks need to take whichever pain med they find that actually works...they don't all work the same for different folks. Did you bring charges against the perpetrator who sexually abused you? Medical professions have a lot of power and it can be difficult to see justice for that type of thing the process can be just as hurtful as well, there must be a way. I really think we need advocates for people who have the courage to speak out or bring charges against medical "professionals". It's difficult to go through alone. If the victim or survivor could call on a support system it would surely help. I know how difficult this must be for you and acknowledge your courage in seeking a new doctor. I pray you find a sensitive and kind surgeon they really are out there.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: