RE CHERYL COLE

Fri May 4 11:53:46 2001

Hi Cheryl, thought i would write to let u know that I have tried a tens machine, unfortunately it made the pains worse, so I stopped using it. I am now on Neurontin also known as Gabapentin, I am on 300mg tablets = 2X three times daily which makes the dosage 1800mg per day, PERSONALLY, I am finding that they are affecting my speech very badly, I know what I want to say but the words either wont come out or they are all the wrong way round, much worse than a stutter or stammer, and also I am finding that this dosage is not taking all the pain away, I have to see my pain consultant on the 15th may, and she may increase dose or wean me off them, I just dont know. I am very embarrassed talking if I go out, My husband has explained to people why my speech is affected in this way. But I got really upset yesterday, I went to see my Dad, first time since last July, as he hasnt got time for me and all he could do was criticise my speech, I tried to explain why it was like it was, but I just hurt so much inside at what he had said, I thought that if my own dad was doing this to me how many other people, if i go out are going to do this to me, so it hasnt done my self esteem anygood, my immediate family, and inlaws are really understanding, and if they know what the word is or the sentence that I am trying to say then they will finish it off for me. I am going to tell my pain consultant this, because I feel I have enough to cope with the adhesion problem let alone a speaking problem. I have been told that these drugs are predominantly used for people with epilepsy, but they seem to have a good effect with managing pain, well not yet for me.But this is just MY personal experience each person as you know there body accepts or rejects medication all differently. I am aso on Arithrotec,for pain, Amitryptiline, for pain, Morphine for pain, and the only one that touches the pain is the morphine. so I dont know whats going to happen.

If I can help in any other ???? dont hesitate to write

regards Jackie Burgess england

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: