My mission: ARD Education

Thu May 10 19:45:27 2001

Dearest Friends: I want to share the most incredible experience with you. I posted a note on the board yesterday, telling some of you that I had lost my job and needed to give you my new e-mail address. I figured I'd get a few responses from my regular e-pals. Not only did I receive 20 messages from people I have never met, wishing me luck and offering me words of encouragement but Dr Wiseman telephoned me to ask me if I needed any assistance from himself or Bev regarding my losing my job and the possible connection of me having to take time off work every few days because of pain. Imagine, someone so dedicated to us and to our feelings and our needs that he took time from his day to offer support and assistance. Unfortunately, as I explained to him, even if my frequent shortened work days was an underlying factor in my layoff, the corporation covered it's bum thoroughly by making sure we all knew that downsizing was coming due to the stock value.

I look at this (after 24 hrs of crying and cursing) as a blessing in disguise! I want to dedicate time to ARD, but most especially, to getting it threough the thick heads of surgeons all over the country....the world, that adhesions DO CAUSE TORTUROUS PAIN and pain medications MUST be prescribed for this just as diligently as insulin is prescribed for Diabetes. Bev.give me something to do. If anyone out there is in an early stage of ARD and feeling alone and frustrated, having pain and can't cope, I'm here for you! I've been through 20 yrs and 13 operations related to ARD and enough pain meds to stock a pharmacy. I have enough empathy and concern to share and maybe even some doctors and pain clinics to offer to you. Especially if you live in or near southeastern PA....Phila. etc.

Ask anyone...I am a bit loing winded, but hey! This is the most wonderful place on earth for me to be right now. I am finally NOT ALONE anymore! And neither are you.

Hey Tammie: are you OK?

Bev: Did you get my new e-mail address?

Thanks so much Dr Wiseman. You're "stuck" with me! (ha ha)

Ginny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: