Re: Seprafilm.....7 reasons NOT to use...and...and only 1 reason that MAY help!!

Fri May 11 20:15:48 2001

I don't blame you, everyone's experience is their own and I hate it when I see someone who offers something trashed.  

I am happy it has worked so well for you.  As I think about it I believe Australia is under the guidelines of the MMA and not the FDA.  

Stay well

At Fri, 11 May 2001, niko wrote: >
>My experience in Oz was totally different to this, obviously my facts of real life are wrong. I have disconnected from this website, as these sort of remarks upset me, when you try to help. Anyone can email me privately at any time.
>
>Trace xo
>

>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Helen Dynda
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Sent: Saturday, 12 May 2001 1:09 AM
> Subject: Seprafilm.....7 reasons NOT to use...and...and only 1 reason that MAY help!!
>
> BE WARY OF SURGEONS, WHO SAY THEY CAN APPLY SEPRAFILM LAPAROSCOPICALLY!!!
>
> ||| Reasons NOT to have Seprafilm used as an adhesion barrier:
>
> 1.) Seprafilm can NOT be applied laparoscopically!
>
> 2.) Seprafilm has NOT been approved by the FDA to be applied laparoscopically!
>
> 3.) Seprafilm is brittle ( somewhat like waxed paper ) and very difficult for the surgeon to use!
>
> 4.) Any moisture on Seprafilm makes it sticky -- causing it to stick to surgeon's gloves -- which also makes it very difficult to apply!
>
> 5.) For all of the above reasons, the BEST surgeons have decided to NOT use an adhesion barrier.
>
> 6.) Any infection or inflammation within the abdominal/pelvic cavity CAN cause MORE adhesions to develop!
>
> 7.) The way each person's body accepts a foreign substance or adhesion barrier IS DIFFERENT!! Some people are ALLERGIC to adhesion barriers, like Seprafilm, Interceed and the NEW Intergel gel adhesion barrier. I know of one person, who is allergic to ALL three adhesion barriers!!!
>
> ||| ONLY ONE REASON TO USE SEPRAFILM:
>
> 1.) The FDA has approved Seprafilm for LAPAROTOMY surgery ONLY!!!!!!!
>
> THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT SEPRAFILM WILL PREVENT ADHESIONS FROM FORMING ( de nova adhesions) OR RE-FORMING!!!!!!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: