Re: Helen C.- Oxycontin

Sun May 13 11:16:29 2001

Oxycontin was the "only" medication that "really" helped my pain. I never got a so-called high from them at all....my family doctor said that is because I had pain, druggies don't! I never was weird in the head or anything and was running my "mentally dependent" business.

The only problem I had while on it was that the ignorant doctor (I guess) in Philly which is one of "the best" Hip Surgery hospitals in US actually put on for refills! At the time I didn't know you couldn't get refills so I thought that was nice of him......the druggist didn't and naturally couldn't believe the doctor didn't know that much....naturally they wouldn't refill it either. He had also put on for 2 or 3 months supply in one bottle and they only gave 1 month. This did produce somewhat of a problem since the doctor is 1-1/2 hours from me so I couldn't "go there in person" as they say you must do for refills every time!!....my poor husband still does have to work for a living and can't just be my 24 hour courier!!

I too feel I must keep it a secret if I have any of them here and said to my husband "gosh, maybe I need to keep them in the safe".....isn't that terrible!!! When I first went on them I did get teased from people with comments like "hey, give me some of that stuff"....since I never did drugs I had no idea why they wanted them when they weren't in pain because that had been the first I ever heard of the pills (Dah).

There is a problem getting them here though unless you are in pain waiting for an up-coming scheduled surgery or recovering from a surgery. Jean . . .

** The greatest Gift of all ......... is the gift of love**

>----- Original Message -----
From: Hchalm@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 2:37 AM Subject: Re: Large-dose OxyContin stopped

Dear Karen:

I wouldn't be afraid to ask for Oxycontin, it seems to really help adhesion patients (chronic pain patients), I would just not go to the same pharmacy again. I have never had one problem getting the prescription filled. I now know not to tell anyone what I am on, as I don't want my house burglarized - or killed over it. It works for the chronic pain patient (we get no high, just relief), that was what the drug was made for. I am waiting for them to pull it off the shelves soon though, and it is a scary thought. Again, I wouldn't hesitate to ask as it does work, and one is not left feeling like they are all drugged up as other narcotic pain medications made me feel. Be seeing you soon in VA.

Love,

Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: