Re: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY - Jean the fire truck did come!!!!!!!!

Sun May 13 23:20:53 2001

Dearest Jean:

I did have one of those breakfasts, and in my e-mail I said, "I hope the fire truck doesn't come." You're not going to beleive this, but they did, and since I stayed up until 3:00 last night writing e-mails, I slept through the whole thing; the fire alarm, the smoke, the fire truck, everything. Thank goodness my husband was here to take care of everything, but apparently he was outside putting together my new swing, and my son put butter in the pan to make me scrambled eggs and it burnt, smoking up the kitchen, the alarm went off and we're hooked up to Nightwatch, and the fire trucks pulled up in front of my house on Mother's Day. He then washed the pan, but didn't get all the burnt pieces out of it, so tried another batch which left little black pieces all in the eggs so he threw them away and started again (wondered why I had like two tablespoons of eggs on my plate). My daughter made me french toast and realized the bread was green after dipping into the mixture, so she threw that batch away and started over, leaving very little of anything left to eat. LOL!!!! They went through a dozen and a half of eggs and a loaf of bread, bless their little hearts (although they are 11 and 12). So I was served like one piece of toast and 2 tablespoons of eggs, they forgot the bacon and orange juice, but the coffee was good and my husband got the swing put together. They tried, that's all that matters, but I think for father's day I will watch over them a little more carefully. Wish there would have been a video camera in the kitchen, I could have won $10,000 for America's funniest videos.

Hope you enjoyed your day and had a better breakfast than I did.

Love,

Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: