Re: Seeing Surgeon Tomorrow (today now) What do I ask?

Wed May 16 08:26:37 2001

Stop Missy!

NO TEARS!!!! Go in there cool & calm, give him the facts, describe your pain.....you KNOW your own body! After everything you have been through, there shouldn't be any doubt's! So DON'T doubt yourself. Do you know what you want? ASK this surgeon what he knows about adhesions.....does he think they can cause pain? What does he think a patients prognosis IS who has adhesions....ASK ASK ASK and ask some more. You have been reading the posts and information on this board for long enough now!

How do you feel while you are talking to him? Can you trust him? Does he respond to your questions easily? Is he happy to give you ALL the information you require? Do his answers satisfy you? Does he explain things in an easy manner.....easy to understand and is he comfortable giving you this information?

Missy, these are some of the questions etc I used when I was looking for a surgeon to do my last operation. YES he did make me feel comfortable and YES I trusted him with my life and my future well being. Missy, that is what you are looking for from this appointment. I hope you get to read this before you see him, otherwise....I hope all went well.

Love, hugs & cheers, Jo

At Wed, 16 May 2001, TediBrHugs@aol.com wrote: >
>Hi everyone:
>I am finally seeing a general surgeon who I think is going to treat the
>adhesions, but I am wondering if anyone has suggestions as to what to say
>when I see this guy. I mean I have my medical records and I am prepared to go
>in there in tears if I have to but I am hoping he is open minded as my PCP
>said he would probably be willing to go in Lap. and do adhesiolysis and begin
>pain management. Any ideas as to what I should ask him? What do I tell him?
>I mean I don't know what to do anymore as I've been turned away so many
>times. My appt is for 2pm Central so any advice before then is appreciated.
>Love,
>Missy

--
You will never never know.......if you don't give it a go :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: