Re: Tony- "copy" & paste

Thu May 17 11:06:24 2001

Toni, It will not let you "cut" something off of a web page etc. that someone else made, this is normal. "cutting" would totally take the item or URL off of the page and it would be there at all for others to see, that is why you can't do this with certain things. In those cases you must "copy" and in most cases that is all you want to do anyway (e.g.. makes a copy of what you want).

If you are still having problems with copy/paste try it this way: 1. "CLICK" at one END OF the URL address you want to copy and "hold down" on your clicker, "don't release your finger" until you DRAG ACROSS entire URL address you want to copy which highlights it (button on left side of your mouse).

It should now be highlighted in blue. (If it is a graphic etc. you just click on it....don't need to drag).

2. Go to "EDIT" on your toolbar at top of your window. 3. Click on "COPY" from the pull-down list. 4. "CLICK" in the AREA you want TO PUT IT and (it will highlight the existing URL on your toolbar if that is where you are putting it).

(If you are putting in an email or on a page in a program etc. you just see the cursor blinking meaning it is ready for pasting it to that area).

5. Click "EDIT" again on your toolbar. 6. Click "PASTE" and it should be there. 7. Hit "ENTER" on your toolbar and it will take you to the URL. (don't need to do #7 if pasting somewhere other than address bar).

Let me know if this works!! Good Luck!

P.S. You can cut from pages you made yourself or even replies to email etc. just not something someone else made permanent. JEAN

Thought for the day: "Actions speak louder than Words"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "toni welsh" <twelsh1@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 10:09 AM Subject: Re: Tony- cut & paste >

Oh darn it, this will NOT let me cut, it will only let me COPY, and did not work again, I WILL learnt to do this someday! LOVE YA ALL!

Toni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: