Re: Lynda- no caffeine migraine

Fri May 18 01:41:29 2001

Lynda, It sure wasn't fun that's for sure! Dumb doctors didn't even know that it was a migraine and just kept making me take Advil etc, which didn't help at all and made my ulcer much worse. Half of my head felt like it was blowing apart 7x 24 for 3 months continuously! 3 months later I went to a Neurologist on my own and he diagnosed it right away. He said the cycle had to be broken, gave me some other pills and a also a pill to put under my tongue if I started the signs of it coming back. It worked almost immediately!

The tea I drink is decaffeinated and I brew it myself. I tried the Arizona Green Tea and it made me sick on the stomach so I gave up the "good for you" tea. Just 1-3 cups of caffeine a day of coffee is all I drink, depending on if we go to a Diner or not. JEAN

Thought for the day: "Actions speak louder than Words"

>----- Original Message -----
From: Lgapmon@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 1:18 PM Subject: Re: hot tea or coffee

Hi Jean --

<< My morning cup of caffeine (coffee) is what gets me going (after my night-before herblax). For awhile I had given up caffeine all together, what a mistake......stopped me up more and gave me a 3 month cluster migraine. >>

OH, that sounds horrible!!! How on earth did you manage?!

I will not give up my caffeine...it helps my asthma, my bowels, keeps those headaches at bay and tastes great. Especially when you add a dash of chocolate flavored creamer!! Yum!

The teas I like do not have caffeine...before bed I like a cup of Sleepytime or Tension Tamer tea...I find them soothing. There are teas with Senna leaves that help ease constipation, too. The Senna tea tastes really bizarre but if you add enough honey, they are drink-able.

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: