Re: Went To Gyn!.

Fri May 18 19:34:31 2001

In a message dated 05/18/2001 11:01:33 AM US Mountain Standard Time, destinywants2@yahoo.com writes:

<< Well all, sorry for the lack in posting. I went to see ( What I thought) was the best GYN around. I told him of my problem, he looked at me and shook his head, not saying a word. He asked me to "hop" up on to the exam table. He started his exam, pushing on my already painful belly, he hit my "bad spot" Which caused me to jump up and screan in pain. It was so bad I started to cry. He went on to finish, looked at me and said, "see you next year". >>

What a thoughtless human being. I've tried to instruct doctors where NOT to push, else they will wind up incapacitating me for days. Have only had one that "goofed" and got the "hot button." NEVER went back there.

And then, after this yo-yo hurt you, for him to have the gall to say, "See you next year" instead of "Are you OK" or any other response a decent human being would have offered? Either this doctor of yours didn't know what to say, in which case I wouldn't go back to him, or he thought you were over-reacting, in which case I wouldn't go back to him. Either way, I wouldn't go back to him.

<<Again I was left to feel alone and humiliated. I guess I could keep going to see my PCP but soon he too will get sick of me coming in or calling. Is there ever any end??? I swear sometimes I feel so hopeless.>>

Who cares if he is sick of your calling or not. That's his job! If he doesn't like it, he can always do something that doesn't involve people-skills, like forensics or necropsies or something.

Nothing like a good cry into a hot cup of cocoa when one is down...once when I was feeling sad and angry, I ate a whole bag of Cheetos and drank so many Dr. Peppers, our kitchen counter looked like an aluminum recycler's. Turned my fingers orange and I got some of the best burps I ever had, sorry to be gross but when one is bloated, OH does a good burp feel good! :D

Please don't feel hopeless. Sad and angry, OK. But not hopeless. There is always hope.

Do you have a list of doctors you can choose from on your medical plan? Maybe it's time to make a list of questions and start calling them. AFTER you take some time to pamper yourself after your horrible day, though. I don't recommend the Cheetos thing, the day after was less enthralling, but whatever you like to do for yourself, go for it! Meanwhile remember we are here, and we care.

Good luck and please feel better soon....

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: