Marla has an excellent website about ADHESIONS....

Sat May 26 11:23:10 2001

|||> ADHESIONS

For a condition that affects an estimated 70% of all people who have any kind of surgery, doctors and surgeons are loathe to talk about this possible complication. Admittedly, it is rare for adhesions to cause debilitating problems; but there is an unknown factor of those who are suffering in silence; have been told by their doctor that it's all in their head; orthat they have IBS ( Irritable Bowel Syndrome ). If you fall in one of these categories, it's time to shop for a physician. What's the difference between a doctor and a physician? A doctor works for the organization he is affiliated with. A physician works for *you* and listens to you even though it takes more than the allotted15 minutes.

If you know you have adhesions or are susceptible to them ( family history ) you would be wise to familiarize yourself with the information provided below and discuss it with your surgeon before you consent to ANY procedure. Remember, adhesions can form with any invasive procedure.

My trigger points have been diagnosed as scar neuromas ( tiny tumors that form where the nerves have been severed ) with entrapped nerves ( blockages caused by adhesions or scar tissue pressing against the nerve ) and developing RSD.

It took me 14 months to get to someone who understood these symptoms of my pain. The most successful treatment and hope for remission and recovery is usually when this condition is harnessed within the first six months of the original surgery.

Whatever your pain is, it is real; and the better you can define the symptoms you are having, and have the ability and wherewithal to ask appropriate questions, the better you will be able to assist your doctor in diagnosing and treating the problem.

|||> Marla has provided MUCH MORE information about ADHESIONS at the following website:

http://shiva.soltec.net/~onery1/adhesions.html

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: