Re: Welcome to Pain Pal's RSD Support....

Sat May 26 13:40:44 2001

Helen D., Helen C. & Broken Wing,

Thanks allot for all the info. on RSD!! I know this is an adhesion site but I figured someone might know something AND I am also an adhesion buddy. I was trying to search the internet last night for info. but the one thing that has mean questioning the possibility of me having it is that everything I see says "burning pain"! I wouldn't call mine a burning pain. Most everything else does sound like me as my daughter-in-law thought.

1. I'm sure you all are aware by now that my pain "WAS" most definitely the result of a fall Jan. 2000. 2. It "IS" definitely one limb involved (left hip & leg and it follows on up to waist on that side of the back on bad days or weeks), which unfortunately is also the same side that I had "Legg/Calf Perthese" bone disease and now 3 hip-replacements on it in 6 years (2 last year with no relief of pain). 3. It definitely has entirely taken my entire life and ANY activity away from. On really bad days even sitting completely still on a firm chair is terrible. 4. ANY movement increases the pain (even just a floor bouncing a bit when someone walks on it). 5. My hip and outer thigh are VERY swollen. 6. I do have an artery problem to the hip & leg. 7. Any little bit of touching of the hip which involves pressure (even just my own arm laying on it, sofa cushion slightly touching) hurts..... but this isn't a burning pain, more like a deep bone and/or muscle aching or cramping pain. (It is not a "skin pain" like shingles would be....been there, done that so I know that all too well). It is also definitely not like a muscle ache you get from exercising.....MUCH worse, never goes away and gets worse just by bending, twisting, standing or walking of any kind. 8. I can't stand any of my pants but this is the little bit of pressure (not due to skin pain), guess I need suspenders!

This past week has been unbelievably terrible even sitting!!

I have tender "spots" also and don't know if that is a symptom or not. This is "definitely not" something you can just live with the rest of your life. I can't just not move at all the rest of my life...1-1/2 years has been too long and I will soon kill my husband since he does "everything". I do "mind-work" as pain permits or computer work....end of story/life (and computer work is with caution because of my carpal tunnel).

My terrible week is the result of taking one stroll around my daughter-in-laws yard with her on Saturday (w/ crutch), people bouncing the floor of her Deck when they walked and polishing 3 rooms of furniture on Sunday. The weather is also not good. This is what over-doing it is with me!!

I don't know if applying heat is a normal thing for helping RSD pain because it usually does help me. Weeks like this nothing does!

The person my daughter-in-law knows has the morphine pump installed and is the only thing that has helped her. This does scare me though as it did Helen C. My problem is that I can't take oral pain pills because of the abdominal/ constipation problems it worsens. I am now on 14 Herb-lax at night as it is for some reason and still bloated, can't afford a bottle a night. JEAN

Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

>----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2001 12:06 PM Subject: Welcome to Pain Pal's RSD Support....

|||> Welcome to Pain Pal's RSD Support

Imagine spending every minute, every second of your day in pain. Imagine a total change of life as you lose your job, money, friends, and most of all the ability to do the things you used to do.

You Don't Have To Go Thru It Alone!

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a debilitating disease that affects an estimated SEVEN MILLION men, woman, and children today. It is a progressive disease of the autonomic nervous system which can follow major or minor trauma. It is a multi-symptom condition affecting 1,2, or sometimes even all 4 extremities. It can also be in the face, shoulders, back, eyes, and other areas as well and may also spread from one part of the body to another regardless of where the original injury occurred. It can be systemic or body-wide and involves the nerves, skin, muscles, blood vessels (causing constriction and pain), as well as the bones. Victims of RSD suffer from constant burning pain, swelling, insomnia, depression, anxiety, loss of jobs and income and more.

To read more about RSD...Go to:

http://www.angelfire.com/me2/rsdpainpals/

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: